Pages

04 March 2010

Sick Days!

Bleh. Being home sick from work when you're actually SICK is no fun! I got to work this morning, and within two hours, had to leave. Thursdays are the worst possible day for me to be gone...Thursday is check day, and I do payroll for 500+ people weekly. Oy. Hopefully my coworkers don't hate me too much. I'm still not feeling super great...

I have a feeling I might be staying home tomorrow. Thankfully (? that seems weird to say..) the girls in my office are germophobes and don't like sick people to be around! Also, Fridays aren't too busy for me, but at the same time, I don't want everyone to be mad at me. Oh well, I guess I just need to do what I need to do to get healthy.

So today consisted of a lot of reading and 90210. I'm still on my quest to read all of the "classics" that I can. Right now I'm working on "Bleak House" by Charles Dickens - I can't believe I haven't read it yet! Although, when you're in school full time it is hard to read for pleasure so this type of reading took a major back seat for the three years I was at MSU...as I'm sure it will again once I start my master's program. I'm also reading a book about the history of London, which goes back two thousand years. It is so interesting...it basically covers its whole history, with firsthand written accounts from people who were present. For example, there is an entry about the beheading of Sir Thomas More in 1835, written by his son-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment