Pages

24 September 2010

It's been a few days since I last posted, and to be honest...I haven't done many exciting and fabulous things since then! However, I have been doing *important* things, so it is what it is.

Let's see. Wednesday was another glorious day here, so I took advantage of it and went back to Regent's Park. Well, after my appointment at the bank that morning, that is. This time, I packed a bag with a book, my notebook, a sheet, and some food so I could just plant it somewhere and relax; rather than walking all over the park like I did last time. It was nice...I didn't stay as long as I wanted to, but it was a good way to get outside and get some fresh air.

Speaking of my bank appointment...OY. That's really all I have to say about that. It is so unbelievably inefficient (at least for international accounts). I was in there for an hour and a half, and I still don't even have my account number, a debit card, or an account period, really. When I first went earlier in the week, they gave me a seven page application to fill out, so I did that before I went in. The appointment consists of sitting there while the banker inputs the information into the computer...and my banker was a one-finger typer. Arrghh! He also kept talking about the strangest things, like how when he was at university, the program was so competitive that a classmate stole his tiger painting that he did...so I need to watch my bank. Duly noted, sir...I will keep a close eye on my tiger paintings. I have my second appointment next Tuesday, and I pray to god that it will be the final appointment and I'll have everything I need after that.

Yesterday was enrollment day for me. And go figure, it was pouring buckets most of the day. I decided to head over to campus a little early, and I'm glad I did because they let me just go right ahead and do everything then. First I had to sign a consent form: five minutes. Next, I got my IT user name and password: three minutes. Finally, I got my picture ID card: five minutes. All very simple and no waiting. The girl who did my ID card told me that once more students get on campus and get ready to enroll, they queue for hours and hours to do all of that stuff. I guess there's one perk to being an international student! After I got all of that sorted, I came back to my room and tried to figure out my schedule a little. It's still really confusing, but I think I understand it a little better. I also found an induction week schedule for next week. We have no classes, but we basically have a schedule of daily events we have to attend for each day. I've made plans with a girl from my program to meet up for coffee before our first meeting on Monday, so that should be good. It'll be nice to have someone in the same boat as me.

Since I finally had my ID card in hand, I decided to head over to the Union to buy a gym membership. Thank the heavens above that I can now get back in the gym! Not only does it help me physically, but I just feel mentally better when I go a few times a week. Plus, it will add a little bit of routine back to my life.

Today is another rainy day...I woke up this morning and had breakfast, after sleeping about NINE hours last night! I originally set my alarm for 7:30 to get to breakfast early, but I bypassed that one, along with my second one at 8:30, because I was just so tired and sleeping so well! Sheesh. I won't question it though. I swear, it's the nature sounds album on my ipod, ha! The crickets at night track really reminds me of home...it's been helping me sleep the past two nights. Anyhow, I finally woke up and went to breakfast, then I waited a little bit before heading to the gym. The equipment is nice, and it's literally right across the street so I think I'll be very happy with it. There's also a pool, which is pretty rare in London. I got in a nice workout, came back and showered, and ventured out for lunch. Now I'm just being lazy...the rainy scene outside right now just isn't really calling me! I may get up and go to the British Museum for a bit if I feel like getting out, but that's right down the street and I can go anytime so I feel no rush. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment