Pages

11 November 2010

2 days!!

I can not believe that Kellen will be arriving at Heathrow in a little less than 48 hours! It honestly does not feel like I was saying goodbye to her two months ago. How time flies! I'm really, really excited for her visit...partly because she's never been to this amazing city before, but mainly because I miss her! When I get the rare free moments in between writing my essays, doing the readings, and a million other things, I have been trying to jot down various things that I think we should try to do while she's here.

There is the obvious list, including:

  • Parliament and Big Ben
  • Westminster Abbey
  • The Eye
  • St. Paul's
  • Tate Modern
  • Trafalgar Square
  • Covent Garden
  • Tower of London
  • Tower Bridge
  • Leicester Square
  • Buckingham Palace
  • Piccadilly Circus
  • Oxford Street
  • Regent's and Hyde Parks
  • British Museum
  • Stonehenge/Bath/Oxford/Windsor Palace

...among others. But I'd also like to take her to some of the less touristy places around town, some that my friends and I hang out in, and some that I've just received recommendations for. On Saturday night, we're going to go down to the Thames for the fireworks, and then out for a bite with Charlotte and whoever else goes with us. I'm sure it will be an early night, since she'll be jetlagged. 

Basically, I'm just going to play it all by ear! We've already booked our trip to Dublin for the 16th-18th, as well as a bike tour on the 17th. I'm pretty excited for that. The only other real cemented plans we have are for Thanksgiving - I believe the girls and I are going to plan a little mini Thanksgiving for us and some of our friends. I'm really excited for her to meet my friends here...we've decided we're just going to treat her as an honorary SPP member for her trip, because that includes fun Friday nights, complete randomness, yummy baking, and a million other attributes, hah. 

Aside from those things, we're pretty much completely free to do as we please! The city is ours. Well, mostly Kellen's...since she'll probably be doing a decent amount of solo wandering and running around sightseeing while I'm stuck in class and the library. Boo, but such is life. 

46.5 hours and counting!

2 comments: