Pages

21 November 2010

Birthday=major success!

Wow! It has been a whirlwind of a week. Amazing, but crazy. I must again apologize for the lack of updates on my part, but I've been ridiculously busy with my sister, traveling, school, and everything else that's going on in my life right now. Today is the first day that I've been able to just sit here in my room for hours on end and do nothing...and it feels glorious. Well, the hangover hasn't been amazing, but that's beside the point.

So, where to being?

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were spent in beautiful Dublin, Ireland. I had classes until 2 p.m. on Tuesday, so immediately following my last class, Kel and I hopped on the tube to catch our shuttle to Gatwick for our flight at 6:00. We arrived at our hostel in Ireland at about 8:00, and immediately went to the nearest pub/restaurant for some delicious traditional Irish dinner. I'm a BIG fan of Irish food, I must say.  After dinner and a couple drinks at the pub, we decided to head in for the night since we were exhausted and we had plans for the morning.

On Wednesday, we woke up and headed to meet our tour guide for our bike tour! It was amazing! We rode all over Dublin for three hours, and he was very knowledgable about the history as well. The weather was beautiful - sunny all day and about fifty degrees. It was just lovely. After our tour, we did some shopping, some eating, some drinking...the usuals.

On our last day, we took the train out to the coast to Howth Peninsula, which is about eight miles out of the city. It was GORGEOUS. Absolutely stunning. I have a few pictures from that that I will share, but unfortunately the rest of the trip was documented on Kel's camera - so those will have to wait until she gets back home!








It was truly breathtaking. It was supposed to rain basically the entire time we were in Dublin, and it only rained late one night, which didn't affect us whatsoever. Someone was looking down on us for that trip!

So we got back to London Town late Thursday night. I had classes Friday, but after those, we went for a quick bite to eat at Benito's Hat, which conveniently has 2-for-1 margarita specials from 5-7:00 daily. Awesome. After that, we hit the union bar for a bit, and then went to the Rocket to dance our little butts off. It was a blast.

Abbey and I at the union bar-

Charlotte and I at the Rocket-

Kellen and I at Benito's-

Yesterday was amazing as well. We woke up (a little hungover, yes) and then headed to Borough Market with Charlotte. It was phenomenal, as always. Kellen bought a few goodies, and we got our usual veggie burgers. After that, we did a little shopping at our new favorite mall by St. Paul's, and then headed home to skype with our parents and dogs. That was great and a really perfect birthday present. I also opened my presents from Kellen, my brother, and my parents. My parents got me diamond earrings!! I was SHOCKED. They are stunning, and I absolutely love them to pieces. Kellen got me a little handheld video recorder, which will be awesome to have for more traveling and sightseeing. She also brought me some other things, like a Banana Republic top, caramel corn from Rose's, pumpkin butter, and oh...our trip to Dublin. I know, what an awful sister, right?? Brett got me seasons one and two of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' - soo perfect, because I miss t.v. I can't wait to start them! Thank you to my wonderful family, I love you guys so much.

After talking with our parents, we showered, got ready, and then went to pick up some dinner to take to Charlotte's. We definitely ate the best chips in London for dinner. Just a biiiig heaping plate of chips. Perfect. We also drank a little bit of wine from Portugal that Abbey brought Charlotte from her trip - it was quite great! Then we met up with Katelyn and Harry, and headed over to Shoreditch, which is a really cool little area in London. We went to the Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen - and it was SO much fun. We danced, we drank, we chatted...it was great. Just a perfect birthday. Have I said perfect enough? Because it was.






I have now completely lost my voice, have a massive headache, and have spent the entire day lying in my bed with my curtains drawn and window open. I think that shows just how much of a success my birthday weekend truly was. Thank you everyone for making it amazing. I really have the best family and friends that a girl could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment