Pages

18 January 2011

Busy week and a half!

I apologize for my lack of a presence on here lately. I've just been extremely, extremely busy ever since I landed back in London.

I arrived back here on the 8th, and had essays due for International Organization and International Peace and Security on the 10th and 13th, respectively. So from the time I got to my place on Saturday (the 8th), I worked like a maniac on my IO essay until Monday, turned that in, then turned my craziness on to my IPS essay until Thursday, and then turned that in.

I wish I could say that I then went out on Friday and Saturday nights and went wild! But unfortunately, that was not the case.

This week, everyone in the School of Public Policy has to meet with their personal tutors and discuss their proposals for their dissertations. My meeting was today at noon. So, I basically locked myself in my room from Thursday night until this morning working on my proposal. It was about as much fun as it sounds.

But, I can say that I am relieved that I don't have to worry too much about it for a few weeks. I had a good meeting with my tutor, and we refined my topic/question and talked about different methodologies to go about conducting my research.

For the rest of this week, I just need to finish my reading for my last class on Thursday - Terrorism, but aside from that I'm going to take it easy on the schoolwork. I feel a little burnt out on it, since I haven't really been able to do anything aside from it for the entire time that I've been back in London.

Oh! My friend Charlotte and I are going to see 'Love and Other Drugs' tomorrow. :) A little Jake Gyllenhaal action should do us wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment