Pages

11 May 2011

'Atta Boys, Wings!

If you're reading my blog and you're either from Michigan or California, or just a hockey fan in general, then you'll already know the Red Wings won last night. AWESOME. We took an early 0-3 start to this series, though each game was close and could have easily been won by the Wings (ahem, shifty calls, bad bounces, etc.). The Wings finally started their comeback in Game 4 at the Joe, and then continued with a win in San Jose and last night's second win at the Joe.

Playoff watching has been pretty difficult here, for a couple of reasons. One, the games generally start LATE for me. Last night's game started at 1 a.m., and that was a Detroit game! Thankfully, the game tomorrow is at 6 p.m. (local time California), which means 9 p.m. Michigan time, and 2 a.m. London time. I say thankfully because, well...the game could have started at 8 p.m. local time, meaning 4 a.m. (!!!) my time. Craziness. Second, it's hard to find good streams of the games. I have radio access to Detroit's 97.1 no matter what, so that puts me at ease. It's nice to hear familiar voices like Ken Kal's announce the game. But obviously, you can beat seeing the action.

Regardless of these difficulties, you KNOW I'll be tuning in tomorrow. Red Wings hockey is my heart. Datsyuk is playing his mind out, as is Zetterberg. Hank is plus-5 in this series - that is incredible! Unfortunately, we will most likely be without Franzen again, who is a serious danger in any playoff series...but both Hudler and Modano looked solid last night so I think it will all be okay.

For the record, Joe Thornton is a major douchebag, and I'm happy his true colors are showing and people are finally seeing him for what he is. He's always taken little, subtle jabs in the past, or said less than friendly things in the press without being blatant about it. However, this series has really highlighted his loser status, and it has been pretty widely reported.

I definitely, definitely feel a win coming on in Game 7. Sure, we'll be in San Jose, but we were awesome on the road this year in the regular season. Plus, our team is so full of veterans that I don't think that stuff phases them too much. We're also going in with a lot of confidence and momentum from the past three games. Let's go boys!

Here are a couple of clips that I thought were pretty amazing.
1. 'Dont Stop Believing' as sung by 22,000+ at the Joe
2. Gordie Howe surprises Jimmy Howard after the game

In other news, I'm still revising like crazy, like a good little student. My run yesterday went well, but I definitely feel the effects today. I'm testing out the ibuprofen+muscle relaxer combo again today, and I'm planning on most likely going to the doctor's office tomorrow morning in hopes of getting a new prescription. Anyhow, that's all I have for now...off to study some more, and definitely catch up on some sleep. I was up until about 5 a.m. after the excitement of winning the game last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment