Pages

16 September 2010

Night walk

Today was another lovely day in London. It was around 60 degrees and partly sunny for most of the day. I started out the morning by waking up just in time to catch breakfast downstairs, and then I came back up and went back to sleep for two more hours. I'm still having a bit of trouble with the jet lag, but I didn't nap at all today and should be able to get to sleep at a reasonable time tonight so that should help.

Once I woke up and got ready, I decided to head over to Oxford Street again, this time looking for a fall jacket and a new bag. I only brought one purse here, and the zipper is broken on it...so it's probably time. Also, I didn't bring a jacket so I'm thinking that's going to be a necessity. Oddly enough, I didn't find ONE thing that I loved after going through Topshop, H&M, Primark, Miss Selfridge, and Accessorize! Not one thing. I guess that is probably a good sign though, that I'm not impulse shopping like I was last summer. I'm not just going to spend my money on things I don't love. I did pick up a new moleskin notebook though. I had one last summer and just wasn't able to write in it as much as I wanted to...those five weeks were just too jam packed. But I've resolved to try and write a little something each day in my new one. I know I won't be perfect and there will be days where I'm too busy or I just forget, but I do want to have something the majority of the time. I know I'll really enjoy reading it in the future.

Tonight I decided to head down to the river again - I was dying to see Parliament lit up at night. That was one thing I didn't do last summer, believe it or not. It was stunning...it really reminded me of why I decided to come back here.








This city is so beautiful. I love how the lights aren't obnoxiously bright and neon-like like in some other cities.

I'm really loving my alone time in London...I can just do whatever I feel like doing, whenever I feel like doing it. It's nice to be able to be a tourist in the city again...these sights never get old to me. In a couple weeks, it's going to be all about the school, so I don't know how much time I'll have to do things like this.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Hayley! You're making me want to target London as my next European travel destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you absolutely should! It's wonderful. :) And thank you!

    ReplyDelete