Pages

17 September 2010

It's gonna be a bright sunshiney day!

Well, it already was, but you get my drift. It was an amazingly beautiful day in London today! Right around 60 degrees, mostly sunny with a few clouds, a little breezy...perfect weather for my basic uniform of skinnies, tank top, sweater, and scarf. Since it was so nice, additional pieces to the uniform were shades and sandals! Just perfect.

Anyhow, I slept well for the first time since I've been here. I went to bed at about 1:00, and woke up at 8:00....went downstairs, had breakfast, and came back up to get ready to conquer the day! I decided since it was so nice outside, that I would take my book and head over to Regent's Park for a relaxing afternoon in the sun. Umm, relaxing it was not...but that's just because there was SO much I wanted to do and see.





Once I got there, I went immediately to the Queen Mary Gardens, which were beautiful. There were lots of interesting flowers, and tons and tons of roses! Many different kinds too...I think I read somewhere that there are over 400 different kinds there.










After exiting the gardens, I decided to head up to the zoo which is also in the park, which was about a fifteen minute walk or so (yeah, the park is that big). Along the way I saw some pretty things.






To be honest, the zoo was a bit underwhelming for me. I'm still glad I went, but I think the Detroit Zoo is better! 





Then I went up to Primrose Hill, which offers one of the best views of the London cityscape. On such a gorgeous day, it was stunning! In the first picture, you can see the eye to the right, and St. Paul's, a little left of center.




Finally, I decided to walk back to my place...four and a half hours later! I walked back a different way through the park, so I would see new things.




So yes, it was a super nice day...long, and my feet hurt a little bit from all of the walking (I would say I walked at least twelve miles today) but fun. And hence, the blog to end all blogs is done with. Friends and family: I hope you're not getting too spoiled from all of the pictures. In about ten days, I'm going to be so busy with school and won't be taking/posting nearly as many! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've resumed your blog! Try to keep it going this year. Looks like an awesome day in London (jealous)!

    xxooxx, mom

    ReplyDelete