Pages

13 October 2010

Failure

Well, my grand plans for detoxing myself were a pure and utter failure (ha!). Maybe it doesn't help that I essentially have two weekends in one week - the standard weekend, and then Tuesday night through Friday morning.

Last night, the girls and I had a Mexican dinner party...so much fun! We made fresh salsa and guacamole with chips, shrimp fajitas, a beautiful salad, and apple crisp for dessert. I think we also made our way through about four bottles of wine. The food was super yummy, and I think everyone had a good time making and enjoying it. We're hoping to make this a semi-regular thing - with kind of a theme each week. One week we want to do like cheeses, fruits, and wines; another week we might do Italian.

Katelyn and I had to leave a little earlier than expected because one of her neighbors couldn't get into their cluster of flats and needed her to help her. But, Katelyn's book was in my room and we needed to back there first, so I ended up just going with her. After we took care of that little fiasco, we made the grand decision to keep the happenin' Tuesday night going, and went back down to The Sports Cafe for students night. Oy.

It was a TON of fun - cheap drinks, sports on the TVs, beer pong - felt just like home in a way! For reasons unbeknownst to us, we stayed until closing time at 3 a.m., and didn't make our way home until about 5 a.m. What?!?! I know, I know. But, on the plus side (I guess?), I felt pretty awful today and it really opened my eyes to the fact that I need to calm down and get into my school routine! I was completely unproductive all day today, and that just can't happen.

I'm such a dork, but I'm excited to get to bed at a decent hour tonight, get up early, and get a fresh start tomorrow. Real life starts tomorrow. Sure, I know part of this amazing experience is getting out and enjoying the city nightlife, but that's not everything. I really want to focus on my studies and make the most out of my program, so that needs to come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment