Pages

09 February 2011

February is in full swing!

As usual, time is flying by again. I've emerged from my cocoon of anti-social behavior and have had an absolute blast the past couple of weeks. A lot of fun and exciting things have been going on: Superbowl parties, nights out with the girls, IPAS events, and the decision to go to Brussels for a few days!

I guess I should recap the past week or so of my life a little bit. Let's see...

Last Friday I went out with my friends to the usual spot: UCLU. It was a very chill night - we just snagged a good table, smushed everyone in there, and watched the England vs. Wales rugby match. My friends Harry and Morten explained some of the basics of rugby to me, and I must say that I actually really liked it! It's pretty intense.

Harry took this picture on his blackberry: Jason, Katelyn, me, Hannah, and Paloma:

So that was a good time and I'm glad I got to be out with people that I haven't seen a ton of lately.

Saturday night was much crazier. Charlotte, Abbey, and I decided to really hit the town. The intention was to go to Soho, and wander around there for the night. Well, we did start by venturing to Soho...we just also happened to explore Covent Garden and Bloomsbury a bit as well. I think the final bar count was six different places. It was a great night though - we found a cool bar in Covent Garden that plays American dance music (amazing! house music is not my thing). A little too much alcohol was consumed by all, and we danced our little booties off.



Sunday was...interesting. I'll just come out and say it: I. was. HUNGOVER. I'm not sure what it is...but once I start drinking, I just become this tequila monster. It's strange. So I basically stayed in bed until 6:30 p.m. or so. I watched movies, I slept, I thought about how much I hated my life at that moment in time. Finally, I had to rally myself for the Superbowl party I was going to that night. And those of you who know me know what that means: it was McDonald's time.

McDonald's is my known cure-all for hangovers. Nothing works as good for me as a simple double cheeseburger, french fries, and diet coke. It's an elixir. Just to be on the safe side, I also threw a McChicken in there as well. And BAM! Like that, I was human again...just in time to get ready to head over to Old Street/Shoreditch for the party!

I did NOT drink that night. McDonald's is good, but it ain't that good. I came dangerously close to vomiting on a man who tried to force us to do a shot with him. It just wasn't happening.

Matt and I:

Matt, Abbey, and I:

In the end, Abbey's beloved Packers won so all's well that ends well.

Monday was relatively uneventful - nice for the change of pace after three days of being here, there, and everywhere! BUT: I did book my trip to Brussels! So that was exciting. I'm going with Charlotte and Abbey (and Abbey's friend who will be visiting) for three days. I couldn't be more excited to visit a new city, and a city in a country known for its superb chocolate nonetheless. We are going the 17th-19th, during our reading week.

This brings us to yesterday, an awesome day for a couple of reasons. I don't think I've mentioned this here yet (actually I know I haven't, because I haven't posted since I decided) but Katelyn and I have decided to run a marathon! It's a Shakespeare themed marathon in Stratford upon Avon, which is Shakepeare's hometown. So far, it will be Katelyn, Harry, and I running. We are all pretty excited for it!

So that's how my day started: my first training run. I ran a biiiig loop around Regent's Park and the surrounding areas. I went out with the intention of running 5.4 miles, but got a little lost (oops!) on some unfamiliar side streets and ended up doing about 7.5 miles. It was a lovely day - about 48 degrees, little wind, and SUN. Glorious, glorious sun. Overall a very enjoyable run, and I'm excited to keep training to do this run with my friends in May.

After that, I had class (boo), and straight from there I headed over to Camden for our IPAS Valentine's Day event! We held it at a place called Proud, which was really, really awesome. It was converted into a club from old horse stables, so they still have that theme. There are several different stable 'rooms' - each with their own theme. We reserved two that were across from each other. Overall, the event was a major success and everyone had a lot of fun.

Charlotte, Jean-Baptiste (JB), and I:

Me, Abbey, and Char:

Abbey and I:

James, me, and my new friend Oskar:

Char and I:

Abbey and I being silly in one of the stables:

Part of the Social Committee: me, Katelyn, Paloma, Abbey, and Jenny:

JB and I:

After Proud closed, we went to a pub for a while, and then everyone headed home after some late night snacking. All in all, a great night! I think my night reception man was judging me a little bit when I came in after 3 a.m. for the third time in four nights last night. Oh well!

So there you have it. My life for the past 5 days. This weekend should prove to be fun as well - a group of us are going to go to a really cool bar in Notting Hill on Friday. I'm sure I'll have some documentation to put up from that at some point! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Hay, I missed your Blog posts! I'm happy to see how much fun you're having again! Brussels will be so much fun! I hope you take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously! :)

    ReplyDelete