Pages

08 March 2010

Oh No, Relapse!

Last night was the strangest thing. I went to bed, feeling pretty decent. I woke up about three hours later, completely dizzy and nauseas. The weirdest part was that I was dreaming that I was walking around Rome, and I felt myself get dizzy IN the dream. I remember thinking in my dream, "well this sucks...I'm in Rome and I am sick and dizzy!" So I wake up, and I was up all night...it was miserable. So, today was my third day off from work. If my coworkers didn't hate me before, they surely do now.

Anyways, I went to the doctor this afternoon. The official diagnosis is labyrinthitis - a viral infection that causes vertigo, which in turn was causing my nausea, dizziness, and imbalance. The doctor did prescribe me some anti-nausea medication which should help, but also said it has to run its own course and can last up to two weeks.

I did get a doctor's note for work...hopefully I still have my job when I get there tomorrow. Three days off, not good. But, on the other hand, there is no way I could have gone in feeling like I did. I'm just hoping they understand. I've never been sick like that before in that way.

I am looking forward to getting out of this house though, that's for sure. Work will still suck, I'm sure...but sitting in this death house feeling like I'm going to throw up 24/7 is worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment