06 September 2010

Family fun and misadventures

I truly have the best family a girl could ever ask for.

Yesterday was our Labor Day family BBQ day, and it was wonderful! Aunt Martha brought my FAVORITE - her homemade rice krispie treats which make my world go 'round, Aunt Janet brought her world famous telona pizzas which give me a reason to live, and later on for dinner we had a bunch of other yummy food like steak and chicken kabobs, corn on the cob, and fruit salad. I probably only gained about sixteen pounds or so, no big deal. We just had such a fun time watching an old family video from about twenty years ago, playing Scrabble (I won, obviously), and catching up. Ben, Deannah, and Jared were all in from Arizona, so it was great to see them before I leave. It was just a really amazing day, to be able to be with most of my family (on that side) before I'm gone.

It really makes me wonder if I'm crazy for leaving this behind for a year. I'm trying to just keep in mind that this will be good for me (I think) and will help me grow as a person. And hey, I'll even get a degree out of it. I get a little stressed about what I'll do immediately upon getting back. Living at home doesn't really sound too appealing for a twenty-three, almost twenty-four year old. I may end up back with my sister, but who knows - maybe she'll have other things going on by then. Whatever I do, it won't be for long. I either want to find some type of job, whether it be a career job or a 'get me on my feet' job, and get my own place; or if I decide ultimately to continue in school, I want to get that started as soon as I can. I've already determined that if I do end up back in school, I will only go somewhere that I can get a substantial scholarship. No more major debt after this London excursion! I guess we'll see what the future holds.

For now, I should probably focus on the present and not worry about the future so much. I'm working on it.

On another note, I was incredibly productive today. I went through 90% of my clothes that I'm going to take and started a laundry pile for the other 10%. I also got a lot of my electronics sorted through, too. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment