Pages

27 May 2011

It's 9:30 a.m. I've Been Awake Since 8:30 a.m. I'm Going Running.

Who am I?


I feel like I don't even know myself.

While I do generally wake up early(ish), it's usually due to insomniac tendencies which leave me in a severe zombie-like state. Thus, running this early in the morning usually equates to, uhh...waterboarding for me. Okay, torture? That might be taking it a bit far, but it's just not really fun. I'd much rather run later on in the day when I have some energy (read: I've sucked down about 13.4 cups of highly caffeinated black tea) and can enjoy and appreciate my time out there, rather than spending the entire time cursing just about anything that I can think of while doing it in the morning. 

Alas, today I have my second final in the afternoon, and I pretty much plan on heading to the bar shortly thereafter. So a morning run it is! Because plans later? Um, undecided...I just know that they WILL involve alcohol, and that I WILL be forgetting that Public Policy Economics and Analysis was ever a part of my life. I. hate. econ. I decided this after taking my second econ class back at MSU, with the worst professor I've ever had in my life. Let's just ignore the fact that I then went on to take a third advanced international economics course, much like this one. It was a lapse in judgement. Though, looking back, my professor was an adorable and charming elderly British man, and I did do well -- maybe those are good signs for today.

Okay, now I'm just rambling to stall. Off to run a surely less than graceful, uncoordinated, in-a-trance run. Oh, the life of an injured and insomniac runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment